Afshin Shahidi, Director / DP
– Had a fro
– Physics major
– Traveled the world photographing prince
– Landed a plane… once
– Did some time in a panamanian jail
– Was the best white belt in karate class
– Tomato connoisseur
– Shell toes
– Own a candle I keeps lit at both ends
– Paid for a semester of college shooting pool
– Will beat you in an oyster eating contest
I am a director, D.P. and a still photographer. I was born in Iran and raised on horse-back in the fruit orchards and poppy fields outside of Mashhad.
I now live in Los Angeles and have had the privilege of creating visuals on a myriad of projects ranging from feature films and music videos to advertising campaigns, books and magazine editorials.
Clients have included SONY, Target, Paramount, Def Jam, Universal Music, Prince, The Fugees, NAS, Rolling Stone and Vibe – to name a few. I’m excited to continue working with other passionate people, being challenged along the way to make bold choices and find the beauty in the ordinary.